As a roulette player, you have probably heard of the Labouchere system. A system that is known as risky, but that can also bring you big profits! The Labouchere system is also known as Cancellation, Cross-Out and Split Martingale and you work towards a fixed profit with this system. Here we go into the basics of the game. We will then tell you why you should or should not choose this strategy. We give you some specific tips when using the Labouchere system. Finally, we summarize our findings of the Labouchere system and answer a number of frequently asked questions and answers. The Labouchere theory is named after a British politician of the eighteenth century. He based this again on the mathematical ideas of ‘d Alembert, a strategy that we discuss elsewhere on this website.
These are the rules of the Labouchere strategy
The basis of the Labouchere strategy that you write down a certain amount of winnings in advance that you want to achieve. Then you write down the numbers that together form your potential profit amount. Then you bet on the outer two numbers of this row. Suppose you have the numbers 1,2,3,4 and 5 then you now bet on 6 euros. Will you win this pot? Then you can already cross those two numbers off! Then you add 2 and 4 together and you bet 4 euros again. If you lose, you add that number to the end of the row. The row is then completed with 6. Then you have to bet with 7 euros.
Is it wise to use the Labouchere strategy or not?
The advantage of the Labouchere strategy is that it works with clear goals and that you work towards your profit. Plus, once you know the basics, it’s an easy way to work with. You can actually increase your chances with it. With that, you can basically play it at any roulette game, unless you bet multiple times. You don’t have to do any research beforehand, nor do you have to pay attention to the numbers that have already been in the game. You just need to focus on your calculations.
A disadvantage is that you need to have a considerable budget for this method. In addition, the Labouchere strategy certainly comes with risks and you have to stick to limits. There is of course never a guarantee of profit. Another disadvantage is that this is a fairly complicated system that is not suitable for beginners. This is especially the case if you work with longer series, in short, aiming for a higher profit. A minor drawback is that it is only applied to single bets. So definitely take these things into consideration when choosing the Labouchere strategy or another method that is mentioned on our website.
Three important tips when using the Labouchere system
Of course, it is ultimately up to you how you use the Labouchere strategy while playing roulette. Nevertheless, we have a number of tips that will increase your chances of winning:
- The Labouchere system is not suitable for novice players, as it is an advanced system that requires some thought and a good knowledge of the roulette game. That’s why we recommend this for advanced players. In any case, try out the Labouchere system a few times in the game’s free mode.
- Determine a maximum loss. You are quickly inclined to bet more to achieve your set winning amount. In the meantime you will also suffer a loss and you want to keep this within limits. If necessary, write this down for yourself on paper or indicate it within the system.
- Stop when you’ve lost a few times. Many players decide to quit when you have lost a few. This is a matter of personal preference, but avoid losing too much. You can always play another game and then continue with roulette and the Labouchere method.
Concluding about this method
The Labouchere system is a clear betting strategy that has its advantages and disadvantages. It certainly does not excel in simplicity. We have provided the necessary information above and tried to state the pros and cons of the Labouchere betting strategy as objectively as possible. The Labouchere strategy increases your chance of winning, but you can also lose. Despite this, it is a popular strategy among gamblers.
Whether you are an advanced player or a beginner, we recommend that you try the Labouchere system in free mode first. This way you can test the Labouchere system without running the risk.
Whether you are an advanced player or a beginner, we recommend that you try the Labouchere system in free mode first. This way you can test the Labouchere system without running the risk of losing money. You should definitely understand the casino strategy and count a few hours for this, especially as a novice roulette player. Just see this time as an investment!
Popular questions and answers
- Is the Labouchere system suitable for all users? No, we cannot recommend the Labouchere system for beginners. It is a complicated system that you certainly do not want to use when you play roulette for the first time. Also in a live roulette game it can take too much time and it is also not applicable for automated versions.
- Can I play with the Labouchere system at any casino? Yes, the Labouchere system is not prohibited anywhere when playing roulette. We recommend that you always play European Roulette because the chances of winning are greater. Basically, however, the strategy is suitable for any form of roulette.
- Is the Labouchere game a guarantee of winning? No, and this doesn’t actually apply to any betting strategy. You can influence your chances of winning, but you ultimately depend on fate. With every spin there is an equal chance that the ball will end up on a certain number. In addition, it is good to realize that casinos always make a profit in the end and you only partially take away the house edge with a strategy. If you play roulette, it is always advisable to follow a strategy and then, for example, the Labouchere strategy.