By playing roulette through a strategy you can increase your chances of winning. This prevents you from playing recklessly. A popular system in Europe is the Fibonacci strategy. The Fibonacci sequence has been known since 1202 and is an easy way to play roulette. Here we first discuss the basics of the Fibonacci system. Then we list a number of advantages and disadvantages of this system. We also list five tips for playing roulette that are relevant for every strategy. After we then draw our conclusion, we list a number of important questions and answers. Leonardo Fibonacci was an Italian mathematician who lived in the twelfth century. He invented the Fibonacci sequence and is called the most gifted mathematician of the Middle Ages.
The basics of the Fibonacci strategy
The Fibonacci strategy is based on mathematical models. It consists of a series of digits where the next digit is the sum of the previous two digits and if you lose you go back to the value of the next digit. You apply this strategy to single probabilities. One is the basic bet, which you fall back on if you win. The other possibility is that you fall back to your last bet. Using the Fibonacci system helps to avoid random play and sets a clear line.
The pros and cons at a glance
We list a number of advantages and disadvantages of Fibonacci:
- The biggest advantage of the Fibonacci system is that it is easy to use and understand. There is a logic behind it along with a mathematical formula that has been known for centuries.
- In addition, you can use the Fibonacci system at many different casinos. It is almost standard at both online casinos and land-based casinos and gives you the option to play longer with a limited budget.
- Finally, Fibonacci is useful because you work in a structured way and have clear rules for where you stand. So you avoid going over your budget.
- One drawback is that the Fibonacci system only applies to single bets.
- Another disadvantage of the system is that you can still lose several times in a row, the increase in bets quickly increases and it becomes difficult to recoup these amounts.
The reverse Fibonacci system
Reversing the Fibonacci system is another option. So you bet higher when you win and lower when you lose. The numbers remain in the same order. By choosing the reverse Fibonacci system you can maximize your winnings instead of minimizing yours. It is best to use this variant if you expect to get high profits. This is preferably a strategy for the advanced player, because you run the risk of high losses.
Five tips in a row when playing roulette
In addition to using the Fibonacci strategy, these are some general tips for playing roulette:
- If you have the choice to choose between different roulette variants, you prefer the European variant over the American variant. The latter has an extra box with a double 0, which means you have less chance of winning. The house edge is also higher, which almost automatically gives you less money. This also applies to the Triple Zero roulette.
- You also want to choose a variant of this game with a high payout percentage. The average RTPs of games are published online. The higher the RTP, the higher the amount that is returned to players.
- Stop when you have made a profit. This is the best strategy in almost every game. Realize that both physical and online casinos are always profitable companies so that you will lose in the long run anyway. You avoid this by stopping immediately after winning and possibly playing elsewhere.
- Don’t be guided by a strategy alone. We have explained the Fibonacci strategy here and it is always advisable to form a fixed casino strategy. Still, you shouldn’t overplay your hand with that, because guarantees are never outbid. You will never be able to beat the house edge of the online casino.
- Obviously don’t play if you are under the influence. If you have used alcohol or drugs you quickly go beyond your own limits and you can lose a lot of money. Even if you are the best roulette player you can make stupid mistakes under the influence.
This is what we think of the system
The Fibonacci system has become so popular when playing roulette for a reason. It is simple and can be used by both novice and advanced users. There are clear basic rules and few exceptions. It is therefore definitely worth trying the Fibonacci system. If you stick to the above rules and advice, you might win a nice amount during the next roulette game. Good luck playing live roulette!
Here are some burning questions about the Fibonacci system:
- Can I only use the Fibonacci system for roulette? No, in principle you can use it in any single bet game. So it can also be used in blackjack.
- Do I have a guaranteed chance of winning with the Fibonacci system? No, no system can guarantee winnings. You can significantly increase the chances and therefore a strategy is important, but there are no guarantees, because in the end this remains a game of chance.
- How do I know if the Fibonacci system is best for me? The only way to find out is to try it out. Try out different roulette strategies and follow your gut feeling. A good strategy is different for everyone. Of course, stick to the same strategy within the same game because otherwise you will ruin your chances of winning.