The game of roulette is incredibly popular with both online and offline providers. Did you know that by applying a casino strategy you improve your chances of winning? Here we tell you exactly what the roulette game is all about. Next, we will discuss five popular roulette strategies. Then we briefly explain where and how you can play roulette, how to choose the best strategy and finally we list three general tips for playing roulette. This way you can get started with this fun casino game with the necessary knowledge.
What exactly is the roulette game all about?
Roulette is played in a circle of red and black boxes with numbers. The croupier throws a ball into the roulette cylinder and the outcome is determined by the number on which the ball falls. Roulette is a popular game in both online and land-based casinos. Roulette exists in different variants, including the American and French variant. The wheel has an extra pocket in American roulette. The player chooses whether to bet on a single or multiple numbers. If the ball lands on 1 of those numbers, you will receive a profit and fixed percentages apply.
The different possible roulette strategies
There are dozens of roulette strategies on the market and of course it would be beyond the scope to discuss them all here. Here we discuss five roulette systems with you that are the most popular. This allows you to tactfully play roulette. Please realize that these systems are not watertight and do not provide a guarantee of profit.
- Martingale roulette system: This is by far the most popular roulette system. The basis of the strategy is that you have a certain basic bet. If you lose a round, you double that base bet. If you win, you go back to your base bet. This is a commonly used strategy, precisely because it is so simple. There are online tables that tell you exactly about your chances with this strategy. Learn more about the Martingale roulette system.
- Fibonacci System: Then the Fibonacci System. With this strategy you bet according to an order devised by an Italian mathematician. This series is built up because the next number is always the sum of the two numbers before it. With the Fibonacci system you have the choice to play in different ways. This way you can take a step back when you win and bet one step higher when you win. In addition, you can also choose to go back to the first number when you win. That first number is 1, because we don’t bet with 0 in this system. Learn more about the Fibonacci system.
- D’Alembert strategy: The d’Alembert uses the so-called negative progressive system. This system is somewhat similar to the Martingale strategy, where you bet more if you lose. The difference is that with the D’Alembert strategy you do not double, but increase by a fixed amount. If you win, you decrease it by the same amount. More information about the d’Alembert strategy.
- Column strategy: With this method you work on all three columns on which you place a varying bet. You start with a certain base amount. A big advantage of the column strategy is that you can apply it to your own taste. Elsewhere on our website you will find an explanation of this strategy. It is ideally suited for both novice and advanced players. However, it is important to keep a close eye on your budget and to realize that this technique also offers no guarantees of profit. Learn more about the columns strategy.
- Andrucci strategy: Finally, we would like to point out the Andrucci strategy. With the Andrucci method you use results from the past. In short, you keep track of the numbers that have already been played. Logic says that all digits appear equally, although certain digits will appear more often during the first hundred spins. You can make good use of this information. Some online casinos show the earlier numbers, otherwise you can keep them with pen and paper.
Other roulette strategies:
Where and how can I play roulette?
Roulette can be played at both physical and online casinos. It is especially exciting to do this at a live casino. Many providers offer roulette in many variants. The rules are clearly marked in advance and you select a card with the desired strategy so that you can easily follow it. This is also possible with roulette in a physical casino where the same strategies are possible and you really have a night out.
How do I determine which strategy is best?
This is mainly a matter of trial and error. Play roulette for free several times to try out different strategies without risk. With no strategy you have the possibility to win, but you can structure the game and thus increase the chances of winning and avoid stupid mistakes. Maybe gambling is something you do with friends and then you can ask them for advice. Now we give you three more tips with which you can play the best roulette and have a lot of fun at the same time.
Three general tips for playing roulette
- In roulette, the mental part is also important. You need discipline and don’t get carried away by the game where you bet more than you should. Stay cool and realize that profits are coming again in the long run.
- In addition, you definitely want to use a strategy. Think of the strategies mentioned above. This is more effective than random play. For a single game, opt for a single strategy, although you can of course try different strategies in different games.
- After all, it is recommended to set both a profit and loss limit. This way you know where money is going and you remain realistic. In any case, never gamble with money that you really can’t afford to lose. A loss limit means that you stop playing when you have lost a certain amount, with a win you set a winning limit that you can increase in the meantime. An online casino also takes the necessary measures to promote responsible gambling.