Tennis may not be considered a mainstream sport worldwide, but it is immensely popular among bettors. Therefore, the tennis calendar is set in such a manner that matches are played throughout the year. The WTA and ATP tours are organized around the world, so the game is played in various time zones.
Being the most progressive sport, tennis has become very famous around the world. The reason it has become bettors favorite is that the governing bodies of the game, publish the data publicly so that punters can analyze it before betting.
If you are new to betting, then this article will help you understand various types of betting and tips strategies for betting on tennis.
Types of betting on Tennis
There are many different types of bets, but here we have discussed the most popular bets on tennis.
- Moneyline betting: Just like other sports, Moneyline betting is popular among tennis enthusiasts. In this bet, the punters just have to place the bet on the winning player. For instance, if Roger Federer is -150 Moneyline against Novak Djokovic, it means that you will have to pay $150 to win $100 if Federer wins. Similarly, if Djokovic is +200 then you will win $200 on a $100 wager. Just like that, you can win big money by Moneyline betting. It is common among amateur bettors, as they find it easy to predict the winner of the game.
- Outright Betting: If you are new to tennis betting, then this bet is for you. It is referred to as a “win bet”, as you only have to bet on the winner of the tournament. For instance, you predict Novak Djokovic will win the next tournament, you place an outright winner bet on him and if he wins, you win. Before any major tournament, you should get familiar with the player’s statistics and their recent performance. The bigger the player is, the lesser the profit you get. In contrast, if you successfully predicted the upset, you can win big money. For example, most favorites in tennis are somewhere between +200 to +500, which means that if you bet $100, you will get a profit in between $200-$500, depending on the odds. However, the underdogs can be found in between +10,000 to +30,000. It means if you bet $100, you can win a hefty amount of $10,000 to $20,000. But don’t get too excited, the big upsets are unlikely in tennis, but not impossible.
- Handicap Betting: This type of bet is placed on the performance of the underdog. The result of the match doesn’t matter as you place bets on the difference between winning and losing scores. It is somewhat similar to spread betting. For instance, player 1 is the favorite and player 2 is underdog and odds are -3.5 and +3.5 respectively. It means that player 2 will lose the game by 3.5 games. However, if player 2, plays better than expectations and loses by less than 3.5 games, then you will win the bet. It is also called a 2-way handicap bet. Moreover, you can place a 3-way handicap bet as well, but for that, you should be able to predict the number of tie and winning games.
100% up to €1002
€30 in free bets
- Exact Score Betting: If you are a betting expert and know everything about tennis, then this bet is for you. You can predict the exact sets of the match. Exact score betting is pretty hard to predict, therefore, don’t bet if you are not a tennis expert. You can get a heavy payout if you predicted correctly. For instance, let’s consider player 1 and player 2 are playing, and you think that player 2 will lose badly by (6-2). You will have to wage on exact figures, and if player 2 loses, you can win big money. Your prediction should be 100% correct; otherwise, you will not win the bet.
- Prop Betting: This type of betting is fun and exciting. The bookmaker suggests some incidents, that will take place during the match, and you have to predict, whether it will happen or not. Some examples of prop bets are as follows.
- Which player will last longer in the tournament?
- In which round a certain player will be eliminated?
- Will there be any tie-breaker match in this league/ tournament or not?
- The exact number of games played in the match.
These are just a few examples, you will find a plethora of such interesting and creative options on online sportsbooks.
Tips and strategies for betting on tennis
Betting on tennis is always fun, and if you want to maximize your profits and minimize the risks, you must consider the following tips and strategies before betting.
- Only bet on a renowned betting site. The internet is full of spam sites, you must be aware of such sites and should research before placing any bet.
- Always bet when you feel confident about it. Do your homework before placing a bet and find the type of bet that suits you.
- Make multiple betting accounts on multiple betting sites. This will enable you to find the best odds and profits. Being on a single site, you will restrict yourself to very few bet types and will not get much benefit.
- Keep a record of your bets. This means that if you have to write down the dates, types of bets, bookmaker, and every detail of previous bets. In case you started losing you can check the record where you did wrong.
- Place the bet on favorites. If you are new to betting this will enable you to win at the start.
- Get aware of the playing style of the player, before placing a bet you should be well aware of the player’s style, as this could come in handy for you.
- Assess the surface conditions. Not all players can play well on clay ground and vice versa. Therefore, you should know which player is best on which surface. For instance, Andy Murray is best on clay courts.
Well! That’s all you need to know about betting on tennis. Does that mean you will win every bet? We hope you win, but betting means uncertainty, you never know what happens. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win. However, if you utilize your skills with correct strategies and place your bet in the right place you might win big money. You must develop your own strategies to get maximum benefits.
Our recommendation is to start with small, and then move to the next level gradually. This gives you confidence and experience to cope with pressure and to understand the odds correctly. Take your time and crush everything with the rolling dough! Happy betting!