You probably have picked the racquet and played table tennis with your folk at school or college. But have you ever thought of betting on Table Tennis?
Table tennis betting is not very common among betting enthusiasts, however, a rise in betting was observed since pandemic 2020, as most of the table tennis tournaments weren’t halted. The betting market of table tennis is thriving since then.
If you are new to betting on table tennis and know nothing about it, you are in right place. In this article, we will discuss the important aspects of betting on table tennis, its types, thing to consider before betting, and how to place a bet on table tennis.
Betting on Table Tennis
Table tennis doesn’t stand among the most famous games worldwide; however, it is dominated by Asian and European countries. It is part of the Olympic Games and China dominates the world in table tennis. Various online betting sites are providing offers on table tennis betting. The main advantage of betting on table tennis is that most of the bookmakers are unaware of the odds of the games, so if you are familiar with the game and players, your chances of winning the bet might increase. The majority of bookmakers set the odds based on the ranking of the players, keeping all other important factors aside. This lack of knowledge can benefit the punters.
Types of betting on Table Tennis
Betting on table tennis is similar to other sports. Here we have discussed the most popular types of bets in table tennis.
100% up to €100
€30 in free bets
Moneyline betting is very common among amateur bettors, you just need to place your bet on the winner of the game. If your prediction turns out to be correct, you will win the reward. Every game has a favorite and an underdog, you must bet on one. The underdog is given the symbol “-” and favorite are given “+”.
Betting total points
In this type of bet, you can predict the total points scored by a player. The score should not be exact; you can predict the range in which a player can score. If the player scores within the given range you win. The average ending score of table tennis games is above/below 70 points.
Parlay betting is a type of betting in which you can stake money on two or more games with a single bet slip. You can place Moneyline, props, total, and future bets depending on the game. In table tennis parlay bets work the same as in other sports, you can bet on two or more games through online betting sites. Parlay betting helps bettors to get big payouts and place a bet on multiple games simultaneously.
Live stream Betting
Live betting is popular among hardcore gamblers as they love to take risks. The odds changes with every point and the punters make decisions instantly. Moreover, they enjoy the game, with betting as the game is full of excitement.
Other Unconventional Bets
There are some unconventional table tennis bets that you will not find in any other sport. For instance:
- The exact points in the game
- Winner of the 1st game
- Winner of the 3rd point
- The game won with extra points.
Tricks and strategies of betting on table tennis
- Current ranking of the player: You must be aware of the ranking of the players. Ranking matters to some extent, but not completely. You should know the changes in the ranking of the player, as this could help you place a bet on the right player.
- The current form of the player: You must be aware of the current shape of the player. Because most bookmakers neglect these factors, you must use them to your advantage. It is crucial to check the statistic of their recent matches and their overall performance, in order to win the bet.
- Leagues and tournaments: If you are new to table tennis betting, go for the low-ranked tournaments, as they provide unexpected surprises. For instance, big players always go for the big tournaments, like Olympic and world Cup, whereas, emerging players start from low-ranked tournaments, which can be very good for the punters, as bookmakers are unaware of their performances and the odds can change drastically.
- In-game factors: In sports, the most important factor for players is their playing style and in table tennis, this factor prevails. Considering the fact that some players struggle against left-handed players, the significance of this factor in table tennis is far more than other sports. Various big table tennis players have a great track record of winning, but they struggle against lefties because of their unique techniques. Similarly, the racquet holding techniques also matter in table tennis, some hold in the backhand and some forehand, both techniques have their own benefits. Most Asian players don’t find shakehand grip comfortable, whereas, European players prefer this technique. Moreover, the European players find it difficult to play against Asian players, who use penhold technique. Lastly, the serving technique is also very crucial.
- Other information regarding players: A table tennis player doesn’t grab much attention from the media. You will have to give extra attention to this department if you want to succeed in table tennis betting. Start from social media, as it provides the most recent information and whereabouts of the players. Furthermore, keep an eye on the player’s mental and physical condition, whether they are going through some trauma or not. It is crucial because table tennis is an individual sport and these factors can get the players distracted which ultimately affects their performance.
Place your bet on reliable sites
Despite all the above-mentioned factors, the most important factor is that you must bet through a reliable source. Internet is full of spam sites and you don’t want to lose all your money to that. Therefore, get information regarding the online betting sites and then compare their rates. The one providing the best rate is the site for you to place your bet.
Betting on table tennis can be beneficial for the punters, as bookmakers lack the inside information. Moreover, the betting on table tennis can be done when most of the games are not played, for instance, consider Moscow Liga Pro it is played at a time when other sports are not live. This time difference with other countries can give you chance to win money.
We hope this article will help you become a betting expert in table tennis.