The trend of betting on motorsports has immensely increased since the last decade. If you are looking for betting on the driver, or the entire season, we’ve got you covered. In this guide, we have discussed all the crucial steps of online betting on motorsports, along with the strategies, FAQs, and various types of bets. Surely, you’ll become an expert on betting on motorsport, till the end of this article.
With the growing interest in motorsports, the betting world has also stretched its roots, to facilitate the bettors in order to gain maximum profits. You can bet through your mobiles, laptops, and computers, regardless of your location.
Motorsports constitute various sporting events, such as Nascar, MotoGP, and various others, however, formula 1 is considered as the pinnacle of these games. In this eco-conscious time, various electric motorsports are also gaining popularity in the betting world, named formula E.
Tips on betting on the Motorsports
The above-mentioned events get the most attention, by audience and sportsbooks. Here we will discuss that how to bet and where to bet, in order to get the regular profits. You need to bet in the famous markets to get more benefits. Moreover, you must select renowned and trustworthy websites to place your bets.
100% up to €100
€30 in free bets
100% up to €120 & 120 Free Spins
Types of bets on Motorsports
- Prop Bets: Prop bets are the most common among the motorsports betting community. This type of bet is also known as a side bet, that doesn’t have any effect on the results of the race. It includes the most famous markets in motorsports, for instance, the fastest lap. Everyone can bet on this market, as it is easy to bet. Moreover, in this bet, the player doesn’t necessarily need to win the race.
- Fast Qualifier bet: Various motorsports racing have series of qualifying laps that ascertain the front position of the racers in the grid, before the real race. This position in the grid is known as the Pole position, whereas bookmakers call it a fast qualifier. The bettor must analyze the track conditions and should stake on the fastest car and its driver.
- Winning margin bet: In this type of bet, punters stake money on the margin of time between the driver in the first place and second place. It can be a few seconds or minutes, depending on the distance between two cars. Various categories are given by the sportsbooks, it depends on the bettor on which category he wants to choose and bet accordingly.
- Betting on Top six finishers: As the name suggests, in this type of bet punters bet on a driver, based on their assessment that they will finish the race in the top six. It is one of the easiest bets, as you don’t have to bet on all six drivers, you can stake on two-three or even a single driver. The odds of this bet are very less if you compare it to the race-winning market. However, it has some value. The winning driver may get you big payouts, but the top six can also get you a reasonable profit.
- Podium Finish bet: It is considered as a variation of the top-six finish bet market, the only difference is that your driver should finish the race in the top three, whether he is first or third, the wages remain the same. It is mandatory to finish the race in the top three if the rider wants to be on the podium. This market is also known as top-three finish and it is offered by all the top motorsports betting sites.
- Head to head race winners bet: This type of bet is new in the market, as it includes the dominating players of motorsports. This bet is very popular in the formula 1 race and MotoGP race, where drivers like march Marquez and Lewis Hamilton rule the top places. The bettors put the stake on the top-ranked drivers, who will finish the race in the higher position. The payout in this market is very good and it is simple to play as compared to other bets.
Risks in Motorsports Betting
The risks involved in motorsports betting are similar to other online sports betting. You must do the risk assessment of the market, before betting in order to save yourself from loss. Moreover, betting on Motorsports has become very easy and safe, you can bet from your homes, through a laptop or mobile phone. The race has also become safe and now most of the drivers cross the finish line without any mishaps or accidents.
Live betting provides the most thrilling experience, as punters have to assess the race instantly and should have instant decision-making power. The bettors should reassess their judgments, and should constantly make decisions regarding the stakes. The players must listen to the commentators, as they can provide valuable information during the race. Live betting is not for people with weak hearts, one must be very thrifty and confident to stake during a live race.
The legality of Motorsports betting
Betting on motorsports is legal in most countries. The customers must check the legality and laws of the specific country, where they want to gamble. In some countries like Canada and the United States, gambling is outlawed, however, you must check the particular betting sites before betting or staking your money.
Moreover, in the countries where gambling is legal, the bettors must be of legal age. Some sites also ask for legal documents for the verification of bettors’ identities.
If you are looking for the adrenaline rush and thrilling betting experience, then motorsports betting for you. You have plenty of options to choose from and various betting opportunities. Also, there is a wide range of betting markets and online platforms. It is best for live betting fans, as there are plenty of opportunities from which the players can get benefits. Moreover, if you are new to betting, start with the small bets and move to the next level. Serve your time in betting, and progress slowly, it will enable you to become a betting expert.