Formula 1 racing includes high-speed cars, talking to winds on spectacular tracks, the game is full of thrill and excitement. Formula 1 racing is a popular sport worldwide. It is gaining popularity in the U.S and with increasing popularity, the betting interest of people is also increasing.
If you are new to sports betting and don’t know how to bet? Where to bet on formula 1 ? Well! you are in right place. In this article, we will discuss the strategies for betting, types of betting, and different markets of betting on formula 1.
Types of betting on Formula 1
The season of the Formula 1 race is long and races are separated by a span of a week or 2. Following are the types of betting you can do on Formula 1.
- The Outright bet : It is the most common type of bet, you only need to wager money on winning F1 driver. Formula 1 has favorites for every season and usually, people wager on the favorites. However, it is sensible to know the form of each racer before betting.
- The podium finish bet: This bet is placed on the driver who wins, comes second, or on the third place in a race. The position of the driver doesn’t matters, if you wager money on the driver who finishes the race in the above-mentioned spots, you straight away win the money. The wager remains the same, as long and your driver finished the race in the top three spots.
- Live Betting: Live betting holds its own charm, it provides a thrilling experience to the bettors. People with a weak heart should stay away from this type of betting, as it requires instant decision-making power. The main difference in live betting on F1 and other games is the player constantly reassess their judgments, whether they are correct or wrong. Every player must do a pit stop to change the tires of their car, estimating this time can also be advantageous for the bettors. Commentators also give very valuable information during the race, you must listen to commentary throughout the race.
- Futures bets: This includes betting on the events occurring in the future. You can wager money at the start of the season, on the company or driver. Who will win more titles at the end of the season? Or who will win the championship? It is preferred to bet before the start of the season because some online websites close the wagering with the start of the very first race.
- Prop Bets: This type of bet is the most exciting and entertaining, it provides a wide range of betting opportunities. You can predict if a certain car will win the race, or from which country the winner will be this time, and lastly which record will be broken in this race. You can also wager on the constructor of the cars, for instance, Ferrari.
- Qualifying betting: The qualifying run in F1 is done in three stages. It mainly depends on the number of cars entered the race. In Q1, the slowest cars are eliminated, similarly, in Q2 second group of the slow cars is eliminated, leaving the top 10 cars in the race. Wagering on these runs can get you a hefty amount.
100% up to €100
€30 in free bets
100% up to €120 & 120 Free Spins
Famous F1 betting markets
Betting on F1 provides numerous opportunities with a thrilling experience. The most popular betting market are as follows:
- Championship winners – which driver will win the most races?
- Constructors of championship winners? – who is the constructor of the winning car?
- Winner of the Race
- Podium finishes– top 3 cars.
- Top 10 Cars
- Fastest lap
Tips and strategies for betting on Formula 1
It is useless to bet on the underdog, as Formula 1 is a sport where the job is always done by the favorites. There are normally very few drivers who have a chance to win the race.
- Well aware of the conditions: Before betting on any car, you should study the previous performance of the driver according to the location of the race. The previous record will help you predict the future performance of the driver.
- Know the recent form of the drive: You should get the details regarding all the drivers performing in the race, before betting. bet on the driver who is performing constantly in the recent past, this will increase your chances of winning.
- Look at the track Position: If you are wagering money on the winning driver, it is crucial to check the grid position, as it improves your chances of winning.
- Followup the practice race: You must follow the practice races of the F1 before any season, to get an idea of the track conditions and how the driver’s coping with these conditions.
How can you bet on Formula 1
- Select a betting site: Firstly you need to find an authentic online betting site for formula 1. The source of the site should be safe, secure, and trustworthy. The site should provide all the information regarding the odds and predictions.
- Sign up on the betting site: After finding a suitable site for betting, sign up and make an account on it. You need to provide your details like name, email, account details, and other info. A confirmation email will be sent to you by email, which will enable you to wager money on the formula 1 race.
- Deposit money: Upon confirmation of your account deposit money. Many sites accept credit cards (MasterCard, Visa) and cryptocurrency such as Litecoin, Bitcoin, and Dogecoin, etc. Some online websites also accept money through e-wallets like PayPal, Skrill, and Neteller.
- Place your bet: Now you can place a bet on Formula 1 race, select the driver on whom you want to bet, choose your bet type and submit.
If you have made it this far, you might have become F1 betting expert. However, you probably need some practice before jumping into the betting pool. We have discussed all possible strategies and tricks related to online betting on Formula 1. You just need to find an acclaimed and trustworthy betting site and start betting with an optimal winning strategy.