Playing with your dog is always fun but getting your dog to compete in an event is way more exciting. Dog racing has gained popularity worldwide in recent times. Not only the dog racing event, but the gambling on this sport has also come into the limelight. A lot of sportsbooks offer platforms to gamble online on dog racing. Greyhound dogs are the pick for people interested in dog racing. You can now get into the action by gambling online while enjoying the race. If you don’t have any experience with online betting, no need to worry because here is all the information that you will need to get started.
Experienced bettors will know that there is a lot more in online betting than just predicting the winner. A wide range of betting options is available to make your gambling experience more exciting and interesting. There are different options at your disposal and it is up to you which bet you pick at which situation to get the most out of it. Make sure to get a thorough understanding of the betting types available. Some of the famous betting options are:
- Win Bets: It is one of the simplest bets in any sporting event. It is common and easy to understand. All you need to do is pick the winner of the race. If your prediction turns out correct, you win the bet. But there is a slight twist in it. The favorite contender has low odds while the underdog will have higher odds enticing the gamblers to place their wager on them.
- Place Bets: This bet is a bit relaxing than the winning bets. You pick a dog and the dog needs to finish at first or second position for you to win the bet. However, the reward on this bet is less than win bets.
- Show Bets: This is one of the easiest and low-risk bets available in dog racing. If the dog you pick ends at first, second or third place, you win the bet. Due to the low risk involved in this bet, the odds are also comparatively low.
- Win-Place Bets: It is very much like a place bet where your dog needs to finish first or second. The only difference is that you place two bets instead of one. If you win, the reward is bigger than the place bet.
- Across the board bets: This bet resembles a win-place bet but is expensive than all others. Instead of two, you place three bets. The third one being the “show bet”. If your dog wins, you could win all three bets getting a huge reward. But at the same time, if your dog loses, all your money would be gone.
100% up to €100
€30 in free bets
Exotic Dog Racing Bets
These bets are more risky and rewarding than common bets. People who love to take risks must try these out.
- Exacta Bets: Often referred to as “perfecta” or “exotic” bet. You need to choose two dogs in the race. One to finish first while the other one to finish second. The dogs must follow your prediction exactly for you to win the bet. It is a bit risky but the reward is worth taking the risk.
- Quinella Bets: It is very much like the exacta bet but it is not as strict as the other one. You still need to pick two dogs but it doesn’t matter which dog finishes first and which finishes second. The risk in this bet is less than the exacta bet and the reward will also be smaller.
- Trifecta Bets: It is another exciting exotic bet available in dog racing. You need to pick three dogs that need to finish at the first, second, and third place exactly according to your prediction. It is hard to pull off such a bet but if you can, the reward will be huge.
- Superfecta Bets: It is considered the most challenging and the riskiest bet in dog racing. You need to pick the dogs which are going to finish first, second, third, and fourth in the race. The order needs to be perfect for you to win the bet. Even if a single dog changes its place, you lose the bet. Due to such high risk, the reward is also immense.
Tips and Tricks for Online Betting
Successful online gambling is not all luck but is a result of proper planning. Yes, luck does come into play but gambling without any strategy is ridiculous. Make sure to do your homework and get your stats right before placing any wager.
- Consider Wet tracks
If there has been raining before the race and the track seems to be wet, this may have a great impact on the race. The dogs on the inner tracks will not have a tight grip when turning around the track during the race. This will surely reduce the dog’s speed. The dog on the outer track will not face this problem as strongly as the dogs on the inner tracks do. However, do not completely place your bet depending on this factor.
- Look at Prior Performances
Before gambling on any dog, make sure to check its previous performances. Check the stats because numbers don’t lie. Analyze the performance of the dog during different conditions. Remember to do your math and compare it wisely before gambling.
- Use your betting options wisely
Betting on dog racing has a wide range of betting options available. Familiarize yourself with the options, understand these bets, and use them to your advantage. Consider the best option according to the situation.
- Stay Disciplined
Whenever you are winning, you can get enticed to gamble on everything. But make sure to stay disciplined with your budget or you might end up losing a fortune.
The legality of Online Betting
Most of the rookies are concerned, whether betting online is safe or not. Online betting is perfectly safe as long as you choose a trusted gambling site. Follow the rules and regulations of the sportsbook to avoid any kind of inconvenience. If you have any queries regarding the sportsbook, check out the reviews.