If you are an experienced bettor or just starting to try your luck in online sports betting, there is always something more to learn. Getting a better understanding of gambling skills means more money. Well, who doesn’t want that? Let’s dive deep into the gambling arena of boxing to see what strategies could help you win big.
Know Your Betting Options
If you already have some betting experience, you would know that there is more in betting than just predicting the winner. Most novice bettors are completely unaware of the betting options available to them. It is essential for you, to have a thorough understanding of the betting options to get the best out of your betting.
- To-win Bets: Commonly known as the Moneyline bet, it is a highly popular bet in the gambling world. You can simply call for the winner and if you can guess it right, you get the reward. To add a bit of spice to it, more profit is rewarded on the underdog player, which attracts the players to go for a bit of risk.
- When the fight ends Bet: A very interesting and famous bet in online betting on boxing is “when the fight ends bet”. Predict who is going to win is great, but gambling on when the fight is going to end is a next-level adventure. No matter who the winner is, if the match ends as you anticipated, you get the money. This bet is further sub-divided into four bets.
Go the distance: This includes picking whether the fight will finish before the specific rounds or will it depend on the judges to make the winner’s call.
- Over/Under Round Bets: These bets are another interesting way to gamble on boxing. A certain round is set by the sportsbook and you need to call if the match will go over that round or it will finish before it.
- Group Round Bets: It is a more precise round bet which is not usually seen in every fight. Most of the bettors go for it in mega-events. There is no complex math involved in this bet, you simply pick a group round-up, until you think the match is going to last. Suppose a match is for 12 rounds, you are going to wager on the groups like 1-3, 3-6, 7-9, and 10-12. Each group will have different profit margins which create all the fun, making you think multiple times before placing your bet.
- Specific Rounds: It is considered the riskiest yet most rewarding bet in boxing. You need to predict the exact round in which the fight is going to end. If your call is correct you get a heavy reward but if the fight ends in any other round you lose the gamble. You surely need to risk big to win big.
- Double Chance Bet; This bet is a combination of distance bet and Moneyline bet. You are not only going to pick the winner but the manner in which a player wins such as TKO/KO or through judge’s decision. You will have 4 options to pick from considering these two variables.
- Knockdown Special Bets; This is another famous bet in the boxing arena which a lot of bettors like to go for. You can pick a fighter you think is going to knock down the opponent. You can also bet if you think there will be no knockout in the match.
- In-Round Bets; When the opening bell rings, some lines are set by the sportsbook on which you can wager. If an underdog performs well in a round, the odds will be turned towards him. This bet is effective for someone who can closely analyze the player’s body language and bet accordingly.
100% up to €100
€30 in free bets
100% up to €120 & 120 Free Spins
Tips for Betting on Boxing
Whether you are in the ring trying to knock out your opponent or gambling outside the ring, it’s better to start off with a proper strategy. Most of the beginners try to gamble depending totally on luck, but if you are planning to continue it in the long run, you better get your statistics right. Remember to do your research and look out for the opening to win big.
- Find out the Fighter’s motivation
Study the impact of each fight on the fighter’s life. Try to observe its training routine. Look into the lifestyle of the fighter and see how much a particular fight means to a fighter. If he is doing it only for a paycheck, you need to reconsider gambling on him.
- Check each fighter’s statistics
Look into the record of the fighter’s recent matches. Don’t just look for the wins and loses as most of the rookies do. Try to find out whether the wins are against a star or are these only against some chicken heads.
- Contrasting style matchup
You need to be extra careful when picking between two fighters of opposite playing style. Look out for the technical strengths and weaknesses of each player before you make your final call.
- Examine individual fighter
Look for these various factors while comparing two contenders.
Agility and strength
Watch out for recent punishments imposed, if any.
Any current or past injury
- Familiarize yourself with the scoring system
Before you bet on any game, make sure you know that not every game is going to end with a knockout. There are equal chances that the game might go towards the judge’s verdict. Try to pick the player who has better moves and strategies.
The legality of Online Betting
The legality of online betting is frequently questioned before actual gambling. Well as long as your approach is according to the guidelines, you are safe and secure. Always go for a trusted sportsbook to avoid any inconvenience. You certainly don’t want to worry about the reliability of the gamble while focusing on the actual bet.