Candyways Bonanza 2 is developed by StakeLogic and Hurricane games, developers of the previous well-known title Candyways Bonanza Megaways. With the previous instalment in the series missing a cascading feature, the game was played on a small, three-reel Megaways matrix, fully packed with bigger multipliers to make up for the lack of a cascade feature.
The sequel comes in hot, with the same theme as the previous game, but mechanically a little different. With Up to 11,649 ways to combine and line up vividly coloured candy pieces, this slot game is a feast for the eyes, but is it enough to make it worthwhile?
With our Candyways Bonanza 2 review, that’s what we want to uncover. We’ll go over some of the game’s features in more detail to see what exactly is on offer with this sequel by StakeLogic and Hurricane Games.
Candy Crush For Real Money
As soon as you start up this slot game, the first thing you’ll notice is the bright colours, and the little pieces of candy stretched on the gameboard. Thematically Candyways Bonanza 2 doesn’t feature a strong background storyline, maybe it doesn’t have to because the candy-themed is a joy to look at.
The candy paradise in the background of the gameboard greatly complements the game symbols represented by 10 different shapes of candy.
There is a downside to the theme. The symbols all look alike, and the only way to tell them apart, or at least the easiest way is by their colour. It might take you a while to learn which ones are low paying and high paying due to their similarity, but if you’re good with colours it will be much easier.
The symbols involved in this game are:
- Blue Circle and Green Triangle candy x0.1 to x0.6
- Pink Square and Green Diamond candy x0.15 to x0.75
- Blue Pentagon and Orange Hexagon candy x0.2 to x0.9
- Purple Flower candy x0.35 to x1.5
- Red Heart candy x0.4 to x2
- Blue Star candy x0.5 to x4
- Yellow Star candy x1.5 to x12
To score a win, you need to line up from three to six symbols, except for the Yellow Star candy which begins at two lineups.
Never Enough Candy
So how is this Candyways Bonanza 2 played? This game features a simple, easy-to-use interface, and if you’ve played a slot game before it shouldn’t take you a long time to pick up on the game’s basic mechanics and features. The base bet is €0.20 and can go as high as €20.
As soon as you open the game, Candyways Bonanza 2 asks if you want to activate Super Stake before you start playing.
Candyways Bonanza 2 brings the cascading mechanic which removes the winning symbols and allows for new symbols to be dropped in their place. In this Candyways Bonanza 2 review we’ll go over the other features as well, but let’s just take a quick glance at what the game offers at its most basic level.
|Game Features||Mystery Wild Symbol, Free Spins, Gamble Feature, Buy Feature, Super Stake, Free Spins|
|Number of paylines||Between 324 and 117,649|
|Number of reels||6 reels + 7th horizontal reel|
|Needed symbols to trigger the bonus feature||3|
|Max number of free spins awarded||15|
|Auto-play function availability||Available|
No slot game is complete without bonus features, and Candyways Bonanza 2 is the same. This slot features some good bonus mechanics which can keep you busy for a while even after you’ve played the slot several times. In the same way, no Candyways Bonanza 2 review would be complete without an overview of the special features.
- Wild symbol – the wild symbol is represented by the chocolate sprinkles with tiny candy pieces stuck to them. The wild represent any symbol except for the Scatter.
- Mystery Wild – the mystery wild is a nice addition to the slot. When the Mystery Wild lands on the top reel, a random symbol is selected. All symbols of the same type are automatically turned into wilds. This is especially helpful when you are in desperate need of a winning combination.
- Cascade Mechanic – When you manage to line up a winning combination all winning symbols are removed from the gameboard and new ones take their place. This cascade is repeated if new wins are created.
- Free spins – If you land 4 or more scatter you activate the free spins feature. Once this feature is activated you are presented with a choice: Super Free spins for 15 spins and value multiplier of x2 to x30, Mega Free Spins for 10 spins and value multiplier from x2 to x50, and Insane Free spins for 8 free spins and a value multiplier from x2 to x100.
- Super Stake – If you double your bet size you can activate the Super Stake feature. In this game mode more scatter symbols land which helps you score Free Spins more easily.
- Gamble – This is a feature that allows you to gamble your wins in the game. If you manage to guess the colour or suit on a face-down card your winnings are either doubled or quadrupled. However, if you guess wrong, all your wins are lost.
- Bonus Buy – You can pay x100 for the bet and use the free spins without activating them through the game by luck. With Bonus Buy you get to pick between three bonus game features.
Conclusion – Is There Such a Thing As Too Much Candy?
In this Candyways Bonanza 2 review, we went over the most important features of the slot game. It has a cheerful vivid theme with candy pieces all over the gameboard. While it can sometimes be hard to differentiate between the symbols, getting used to them doesn’t take long. It has enough bonus features to keep new, and old slot game lovers from getting dull anytime soon.