Poker is more than just a game for a lot of people. It has become a source of income for many people around the world. People have gained a fortune out of this game and have become millionaires. Here is a list of the top 10 poker legends who have made their living out of poker.
- Bryn Kenney
Bryn Kenney aka Mega Crusher from New York is at the top of our list. He first appeared in the poker scene in 2007 and won the World Series of Poker bracelet in 2014. He kept growing as a player and won various competitions until 2019 where everything changed for him. Bryn won more than one-third of his total wins in a single night. He has won the largest prize in poker tournament’s history of more than $20 million. His major wins up to now:
- $20,563,324 on August 3, 2019 in London
- $1,946,911 on April 27, 2017 in Monte Carlo
- $1,687,800 on June 6, 2016 in Paradise Island
The amount Bryn has earned from Poker is enough to buy a $1,000,000 house with swimming in every EU member state.
2. Justin Bonomo
Justin Bonomo from Virginia is at the number two in our list of the top 10 poker legends. He is also known as Zee Justin. He started his career at the age of 16 when he miraculously won a payout of $10,000 with a deposit of $500. After a few years, he became the youngest poker player to appear in a televised poker contest and won $40,815. He has managed to win more than 20 tournaments. In 2018, Justin won more than $20 million in just three tournaments. His biggest wins up to now are:
- $10,000,000 on July 15, 2018 in Las Vegas
- $5,000,000 on 27 May, 2018 Las Vegas
- $4,823,077 on March 20, 2018 in Macau
Up till now, Justin has earned enough money from poker to buy 117 Lamborghini Aventadors.
3. Daniel Negreanu
Daniel Negreanu from Toronto, is also known as Kid Poker. He has been named as player of the decade from 2004-2013 and won the World Series of Poker in 2004 and 2013. Daniel was included in the Hall of Fame in 2014. He has won six WSOP bracelets, seven cash prizes of $1 million or more with the highest amount of $8.28 million. He has also won two World Poker Tour titles and was runner-up at the Big One for One Drop at the 2014 WSOP. Kid Poker is the only player who has won the world series in Las Vegas, Europe and Australia. Some of the biggest prizes he won are:
- $8,288,001 on June 29, 2014 in Las Vegas
- $3,000,000 on May 27, 2018 in Las Vegas
- $1,770,218 on December 14, 2004 in Las Vegas
He has enough money to hire Lebron James to play for his team for a complete year.
4. Fedor Holz
Fedor is a young German poker legend also known as CrownUpGuy. He won the WSOP bracelet in 2016. He was the runner-up in the High Roller Bowl in 2016. He stood second in the WSOP 2018 and took home a whopping $6 million. His biggest achievements up till now are:
- $6,000,000 on July 15, 2018 in Les Vegas
- $4,981,775 on July 8, 2016 in Las Vegas
- $3,500,000 on May 29, 2016 in Las Vegas
He has enough money to buy 4,283 season tickets for a popular football team.
5. Stephen Chidwick
Also known as Stevie444, is from Deal, Kent. He won the fortune of his lifetime between 2018 to August 2019. Stephen has won various tournaments but after 2018 his life changed completly. The biggest prize money he won:
- $5,368,947 on August 3, 2019 in London
- $1,618,417 on June 19, 2019 in Las Vegas
- $1,512,000 on December 17, 2018 in Las Vegas
Stevie has enough money to fly to the moon.
6. Dan Smith
Dan Smith or Cowboy Dan has made a name for himself in a very short time span. He won more than $2 million in 2014 in the Bellagio Super High Roller tournament. He has accumulated more than $36 million from poker. Some of the biggest prize money Sly won:
- $4,000,000 in September 2018 in Las Vegas
- $3,078,974 in July 2016 in Las Vegas
- $2,044,766 in June in Las Vegas
The money that Cowbay Dan has made is enough to watch the Northern Lights from a glass domed igloo 3,676 times.
7. Phil Ivey
Phil Ivey is known as “The Phenom’. He is also called the Tiger Woods of poker. He won his the WSOP bracelet in 2000 and later won 9 more. He won $1 million on seven different tournaments. Phil disappeared from the scene for some months and returning with a bang in 2012 winning the $250,000 challenge. Some of the biggest prizes he won:
- $3,582,753 on February 9, 2014 in Melbourne
- $2,058,948 on January 27, 2012 in Melbourne
- $1,710,854 on February 1, 2015 in Melbourne
He has enough money to hire Beyoncé for his next 15 birthdays.
8. Jason Koon
Known as JAKoon1985 is from West Virginia. He is considered as one of the most successful live poker players. He won the SCOOP tournament in 2009 and got $302,000. This poker player is focused on the high roller games and considers them profitable. Some of the greatest wins for him include:
- $3,579,836 in May 2019 in Montenegro
- $1,246,413 in August 2019 in London
- $1,000,000 in April 2016 in Tampa.
He has won enough money from poker to visit a theme park every day for 1.420 years.
9. Erik Seidel
Erik Seidel is from New York and is famously known as Sly. He started his poker career even before online poker became popular. Erik has won 8 WSOP bracelets and was included in Hall of Fame in 2010. He is the only player who has won $5 million in more than one year (2011, 2016, 2017). His biggest achievements up till now are:
- $2,472,555 on January 27, 2011 in Melbourne
- $2,400,000 on May 29, 2016 in Las Vegas
- $ 2,222,222 ON April 30, 2015 in Monte Carlo
The money he has is enough for him to live on a cruise ship with someone for about 81 years.
10. David Peters
Popularly known as the Silent Assassin from Ohio. He has numerous tournament wins on his name and is considered as one of the most versatile players. David has two World Series bracelets and has reached the finals of WSOP 8 times. The biggest wins for him are:
- $2,699,752 on January 3, 2016 in Philippines
- $1,848,008 on October 26, 2018 in Rozvadov
- $1,505,000 on July 2, 2015 in Las Vegas
He has earned enough money to buy a private fleet of 16 private jets and a yacht of 18 meter.
Also learn more about the top 10 best earning poker players.