Online slots are the most popular games in an online casino. However, there are also many persistent myths about these slot machines. In this article we will discuss the myths of (online) video slots, so that we can put an end to these rumors once and for all. Many myths arise because people always look at cause and effect. People look for reasons why some things happen. There are myths that sometimes seem very logical, because complete randomness is sometimes difficult to understand. Many people are inclined to see a certain pattern in it. In this article, we dispel these myths.
Myths About Physical Slotmachines
- It is best to play slotmachines that have not paid out for a while: This is not true, it does not matter whether a slot machine or video slot has not paid out a prize for a while. Each round is unique and offers just as much chance as the previous one. Physical slot machines work with a Random Number Generator (RNG). The outcomes of a new game round are not fixed in advance, but are determined in the moment. The slot machine produces a random result by communicating with the RNG.
- The best time to play is when the casino is quiet, when the machines have not been used for a while: It doesn’t matter, even if the slot machines have not been used for a while, they will still offer the same chance of winning. The slot machine or video slot has no internal memory that keeps track of when the time comes to pay out or save. Each game round is unique and offers the same chance of winning as the previous one.
- The slot machines with the highest payout percentage are hidden somewhere in the back of the casino: Most casinos do have a certain order of presentation of slot machines. For example, a group with modern video slots followed by a separate group with the more classic slots. This is again related to the target group that the casino focuses on. But the payout percentage is never selected. This also makes no sense, the casino also benefits from the slot machine occasionally giving a nice prize. Otherwise, of course, no one would come to play.
- If a slot machine or video slot has just paid out a jackpot, it will take a while before the next payout comes: No, this is incorrect. Previous game rounds are never considered to determine a new game result. The slot machine or video slot communicates with the random number generator to determine the game result. It does not look at a recently paid jackpot.
- The staff in a casino know exactly which slot machines are best for you to play: The employees of a casino know as much as you do about the possible outcomes, namely nothing. When you play on a slot machine or video slot you participate in a game of chance, you do not know in advance whether you will win or lose. The staff in the casino also don’t know more about this than you as a player. However, you can contact the staff if you have any questions about how a slot machine works.
Myths About Physical Slotmachines
- The online casino itself has adapted the game so that they always win: This is incorrect, the online casino does not change the payout percentage. An online casino works together with several game developers. The game developer develops a game with a certain payout percentage in advance. The payout percentage is no longer adjusted afterwards. This same game is offered in multiple online casinos. In addition, the online casino has no interest in committing fraud, as a good reputation is of great importance to operate in this competitive market.
- You only have a chance at the jackpot if you bet very high: In some cases there is a grain of truth in this. There are video slots and slot machines where you only have a chance of winning the jackpot with larger bets. However, for most games you can also win the jackpot with a minimum bet. Take a look at the pay table in advance to see what you can win with your bet. Sometimes the main prize is increased or decreased based on your bet.
- If you use the autoplay feature you win less often: Using the autoplay feature does not affect the odds or outcome of the game in any way. The advantage of this autoplay function is that you don’t have to click every time to start a new game round. So it’s more of a help function, it doesn’t change the game result.
- If I understand the pattern I always win: Humans are naturally always looking for patterns, and always think in terms of cause and effect. When playing slots and video slots you can safely let go of these thoughts. Every new game round gives just as muchchance of winning like the previous one. It remains a game of chance, so trying to fathom patterns is pointless.
Tips that help you as a player
These following tips do not guarantee a guaranteed profit, but can help you on your way to find the right slots and video slots. You can also read some general tips.
- Look for a high payout percentage: All (online) slots have a certain payout percentage. This payout percentage is displayed in the form of a percentage in percentage. A slot machine with a payout percentage of 97% pays out more than a slot machine with a percentage of 89%. You can usually find this number in the game manual. It is therefore wise to choose a slot machine or video slot with a high payout percentage. This is a mathematical calculation over thousands of game rounds. It does not mean that you will win back exactly that percentage. Sometimes you win more and sometimes less, that is also the charm of a game of chance. But if you still have the choice, choose a game with a high payout percentage.
- Keep an eye on your account balance: It is wise to regularly check the status of your account balance. Some players become so addicted to the slot machine or video slot that they completely forget about time and therefore no longer look at their account balance. So check regularly to see how your balance is doing. At most online casinos you can view your account balance at the bottom left of the screen.
- Try not to play too fast: With most (online) slots have the option to immediately see the outcome of a new game round. Without waiting for the animations of the spinning reels first. Playing too fast will also reduce your account balance faster. Try to enjoy the game and all the graphics animations and sounds. This way the game lasts longer, you have more fun and ultimately it costs less money.
- Also play casino table games: Table games have a higher payout percentage compared to video slots and slots. Try alternating with a casino table game such as Blackjack. With Blackjack, the online casino has the lowest house edge of only 0.5%. So you have a great chance of winning, in addition, playing a casino table game is of course also a nice change. Baccarat and Roulette are also good alternatives with a high chance of winning.