Las Vegas, also known as the epicenter of entertainment, having extravagant and gleaming hotels and casinos, is one of the most visited tourist spots in the world, situated in Nevada, United States of America. We often fancy Las Vegas, through movies like James Bond or Ocean series, the glamorous people, dressed in Tux and glittering dresses, gambling in the casino without any fear.
It is well said, “everyone should visit Vegas once in a lifetime”. It is a fact that no place can match the standard of entertainment provided by Las Vegas.
In this article, we will uncover the illustrious life of Vegas, along with the weather condition and places to visit in Las Vegas. So stay with us till the end.
As far as temperature is considered, Nevada is one of the hottest states in the US. The temperature can reach above 40 °C (104 °F) during summers. Hot summers might seem like a drawback, however, it is completely opposite. The majority of the tourists visit Las Vegas in the summers, because of its wild pool parties. In winters the temperature stays mild enough so that tourists can enjoy the outdoors.
The layout of Las Vegas
Las Vegas – an exotic city, with lustrous downtown that can take you back to the 1950s. Vegas strip is one of the most popular spots in Las Vegas, as its boulevard contains luxurious hotels and casinos, like the Ceasers Palace, Bellagio Hotel and Casino, Stratosphere, also never-ending food stalls and drinking spots, and don’t forget the music concerts. The Vegas strip is present in the center of the city, and the whole city is directed outwards in all directions.
The name Las Vegas is a Spanish word for the meadows. The city anchor Valleys and metropolitan areas, covering Clarks County, Nye County, and some part of Mohave County, with the greater Desert of Mojave. The city is connected to various natural wonders, like Spring Valley, Sunrise Manor, Paradise Valley, and various others.
Las Vegas is home to various ethnicities, with a well-planned infrastructure for living. The majority of the population of Las vegas lives in single-family homes, whereas, other half lives in apartments and various other developments around green belts, golf courses, etc.
Places to Visit in Las Vegas
The economy of Las Vegas depends on Tourism; tourists from all around the world are attracted to the luxurious life of Las Vegas. Also known as “ Sin City” Las Vegas is home to many diamond-rated hotels and casinos, which shows their priority to the comfort of the guest. For instance, The Bellagio, Aria, and many more. Las Vegas is in proximity to tourist spots close to nature, such as Zion National Park and Grand Canyon. We have discussed some most famous below.
Exclusive Casinos and Hotels
Las Vegas is the hub of casinos and hotels. Get on Vegas Strip you’ll find numerous exotic casinos and hotels. Over the year, the casinos in Vegas have developed their own identity and style. Gamblers can find casinos of their choice depending upon games and payouts. We have discussed Top Casinos below:
- The Venetian – With the striking architecture and 1000+ games, the Venetian holds the title of the world’s largest casino. Games offered by the casino are Blackjack, Roulette, Pai Gow Poker, and numerous creative games. It also offers online casino services, you can bet by sitting in your homes.
- The Golden Nugget – With the real Vegas ambiance, the Golden Nugget casino is included in the top casinos of the world. Comparing to other mega-casinos the property size is smaller; however, it is full of energy and heavily crowded.
- Aria Resort & Casino – It is one of the most sophisticated casinos, featuring a plethora of games. Punters can test their luck at Pai Gow poker, Ride, Roulettes, and various other games. Aria also provides online casino services, where you can do online sports betting.
- The Mirage Casino – It is a classic Vegas casino, providing a plethora of games, like roulette, baccarat, blackjack, and numerous other poker games.
- Caesars Palace – It is a typical Las Vegas casino, with stunning architecture and a retro theme. It provides various high and low limit games, so you can bet according to your will. You can bet on racing and get to book your private booths as well. The Casino is full of entertaining gambling slots and poker.
The Neon Museum
Las Vegas was once a mining city, now the world’s top entertainment hub. People visit Mormon Fort and Neon Museum to learn about the striking history of Sin City. Tourists from all over the world visit just to get a glimpse of the amazing history of Las Vegas. The museum portrays various old businesses like Pirate skull, The Steiner’s Laundry, Ugly ducklings, etc. If you want to know how Las Vegas got its name of Sin City, you must visit Neon Museum. A Classic film “Viva Las Vegas” was also shot at Mormon Fort.
Vacation Destinations in the vicinity of Las Vegas
Las Vegas is in proximity to various outdoor vacation destinations, for instance, national parks like Zion, Big bear, Death Valley, and Grand Canyon. All these parks are at a distance of few hours from Vegas City.
Hoover dam is one the architectural wonder, standing 726 foot tall. It is one of the biggest dams in the world and has the largest water reservoir in the U.S.
Mount Charleston is a green oasis in the middle of the desert near Las Vegas. It has 12 hiking trails, and various picnic points as well as campgrounds. You can enjoy the oasis, in the blistering heat of the desert throughout the year.
It is often quoted that “what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!”
If you want to party hard, gamble, Diamond-rated hotels, fascinating nightlife, pack your bags and visit Las Vegas. The city has a plethora of casinos, pools, day clubs, night clubs available 24/7 for parties and concerts.
Visit Sin City to have a lifetime experience!
You might also be interested in: