It is quiet confusing for new players to choose an online casino where their data is secure. All new online casino’s offers juicy signup bonuses, to lure players. When you sign up and upload your personal information you want to know if the online casino is reliable or not. Another aspect to take in mind is how to make a safe copy of your passport and ID in order to be safe from scams and identity thefts.
Why do you have to submit your documents to online casinos?
Verification is a crucial step before you can play for real money at online casinos. Casinos must screen against money laundering and any other illegal activities. This is one of the requirements when an online casino holds a license. Therefore, to overcome this problem many online casinos require personal documents. Moreover, casinos ask for identity documents in order to verify your age and nationality.
Types of documents required by casinos
Let’s take a look at the document required for the verification in casino:
- Copy of Passport/ ID or copy of driver’s License
- Copy of utility bills (home address) or copy of bank statement (bank name and address)
It is common practice that all online casinos ask for some identity documents, to confirm your age. This is because a casino cannot offer online games of chance to minors. For confirmation of age, they ask for a ID-card, Drivers License or Passport. Whereas, the proof of residence can be given by utility bills, that can be electricity, gas or a phone bill. Furthermore, many casinos ask for credit or debit card number, which can be used to deposit or withdraw the money. You must be well aware of the fact that you can only withdraw the money via same card or e-wallet, with which you deposited money first time. This prevents losing your money, in case if you lost your phone and still logged in. If someone tries to withdraw your money via different card, the casino will stop the transaction.
In addition, the players who like to gamble big amounts are asked to submit their bank statement as well, in order to track their source of funding. Moreover, it also helps the operator to analyze, whether the player can afford the stake or not. Another reason for requesting bank statement is to avoid money laundering, where the money obtained through the illegal activities is converted into casino winnings. If casino gets any information regarding money laundering, they may freeze the account of the player permanently or for some period.
How can we make safe copy of your personal information?
To be able to payout your winnings in online casinos you need to submit your documents, for that you must make a clear scanned file of each document and saved in the folder, you can access easily. Here we have discussed some helpful tips to keep your ID and passport copy secure:
- Avoid uploading the copy of your passport or ID on random websites, always check the casinos website, whether it is registered with the regulatory authorities or not.
- Only use the secure online environment of the casino website to upload personal documents. Don’t send your passport or ID via emails, if not necessary. Because the sender of an email address can easily be faked.
- Many scammers send emails of casino bonuses to lure you and to only get your personal information. Beware of such emails and never send you passport or ID s it can be used in identity theft.
- Some online casinos ask for passport name, number and country, only provide the relevant information. Don’t send the electronic copy of your passport. Cut out a small paper and lay it over the non-relevant parts before scanning your passport.
- If you are asked for only the passport number, verify it before sending the number.
Security is the priority of online casinos
Verification of documents of players is necessary process by online casinos to ensure safety. The majority of licensed online casinos use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Data Encryption (28 or 256 bit) that is a end to end encrypted system which can’t be breached, so that your data will remain safe.